|Course Code||Standard Fee||NYSC Fee||Degree Type|
This course highlights the importance of health, safety and environmental practices at the workplace, techniques for reducing risks and preventing accidents in the workplace, development of best-in-class health, safety and environmental management system, methods for reducing the occurrence of ill-health and environmental hazards arising from workplace conditions, and improvement in health, safety and environmental culture of an organization. It is a general course for everyone.
Diploma and First Degree (Waiver: High School (O’Level) with minimum of 2 years work experience in a related field can apply).
By the time you complete this course, you should be able to:
1. Differentiate between risk and hazard
2. Identify key hazards in the workplace
3. Identify importance of health and safety rules
4. Design safe practices and procedures
5. Implement best-in-class standards in health and safety management
6. Know the basic understanding of the principles behind the derivation of standards for health and environmental protection
7. Equip you with the analytical skills to examine reports on such issues
8. Suggest a hierarchy for risk management in health, safety and environmental protection
9. Show you how to develop integrated safety, health and environmental management
10. Enable you to plan for an emergency
11. Establish and execute risk assessment programmes
12. Conduct health and safety auditing
13. Apply health and safety law
14. Identify HSE training needs, preparation & implementation of annual HSE Training Calendar, Liaison & interaction with consultants, clients and external legal/regulatory agencies.
Health ,Safety and Environmental management system at Workplace
Ergonomics and Work Station Design
Using Protective Equipments at Work
Prevention of Accidents, ill Health and environmental hazards at Workplace
Health ,Safety and environmental Auditing
Health and Safety Risk Assessment
Work Equipment and Industrial Hazard
Health and Safety Law
Due to emerging global trends, changes in the world and globalization across borders, our course outline, regularly change from time to time to meet up with this development and gives you leverage in a competitive world.
The concepts in this course will be taught using a combination of lecture, discussion, and dialogue around cases, with emphasis on active learning. A case is a comprehensive exposition of a real managerial situation describing a set of problems and requiring a plan of action. The case method provides a pragmatic framework for the learning process. Its success depends heavily on student preparation and active participation in class discussions.
To complete this course successfully, students must achieve a passing grade of 50% or higher on the overall course. This will include assignments and option test exam.